A two day training course aimed at those with a basic understanding of cranes and lifting procedures with the intention of the role of a ‘Crane supervisor’ included in there job profile.
The aim of the training course is to train selected delegates in the duties of a ‘Crane supervisor’ a better understanding of the requirements more from a supervisory level rather than the planning and management.
At the end of this training course, trainees will be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge and practical ability to carry out the duties of the ‘Crane Supervisor’ and will be able to successfully execute basic lifting operations given all the necessary information formerly provided by the ‘Appointed Person’.
Training Course Content:
- Legislation (LOLER & PUWER)
- Identification of crane parts and components
- Understanding of crane rated capacity indicator & limiter
- Extracting information from Risk Assessment/method statement
- Crane duty charts
- Understanding of the need for selection of cranes, stability and ground conditions
- Understanding lifting accessories & documentation
- Final fault finding exercise
- Two written test papers
Successful completion of two written test papers leads to certification.
2 days. Delegates may obtain certification to ‘Appointed Person’ by attending a further third day within 2 years.
As an optional extra, successful delegates can be issued with an identity, proof of assessment and training card.
Courses can be delivered on-site or at our training centre.